Nigerian Polio Outbreak


A rare outbreak of vaccine-derived form of polio is occuring in Nigeria. Sixety-nine children in the noth have caught the disease from Nigerians that have been immunised.


3 comments:

Tennouheika said...

Now I mean this in the nicest way possible, but could you consider, perhaps, giving a little more detail in your blog posts? I mean, this post is a whole two sentences long.

Maybe talk about the causes of the outbreak? What's being done? Has this happened any other time recently? And finally, what else breaks out in that country? Ebola?

But then, I've received Ds and Cs on all of my assignments for this class so don't mind me.

carolina magic said...

I second the motion about wanting more detail in your posts. You barely scratch the surface with an important happening in Africa.

Plus, your blog needs updating and freshening.

Scaless said...

I don't think the link worked. Anyway, I did a essay on the history of polio research in the US. This is probably irrelavant, but I know a little about it. I hope the children are recieving vaccines. I thought this diease was dormant. Guess not. Wonder how they got it.